Crab Dip Recipe "Hot or Cold"
Do you like your HOT Crab Dip Recipe or COLD crab dip recipes?
Crab meat recipes are very tasty rich, creamy and made with one of the main ingredience crab meat. Serve with chips, pita wedges, mini toast, french bread slices or even veggie.
Maryland Crab Dip is one of may families all time favorites. Make a great appetizer dip for any holiday or parties. At Our last party people ate the entire batch that I made and it was a double batch!
Special Tip: Remember you should eat fresh crab the day you buy it. Unopened canned crab can be stored for up to a year in a dry, cool place. Once opened, it will keep for up to two days if you wrap it well and refrigerate it.
Hot Maryland Crab Dip
1 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 dashes hot sauce
1 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 pound fresh Crabmeat
2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning to taste
Garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F(165 degrees C). Lightly Grease 1 quart baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl Mix in softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sour cream, worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic powder and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Mix together then add your Crab meat, hot sauce and Old bay seasoning. Put mixture into prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle a little old bay seasoning on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and/or bubbly.
Yields: 16 servings
PrepTime: 15 minutes
Cold Crab Dip
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) sour cream
1/2 cup chopped finely celery
3 chopped finely green onions
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup shedded cheddar cheese
3/4 pound crabmeat, chopped
4-5 drops of hot sauce to taste
- In medium bowl, blend sour cream and cream cheese.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients. Serve chilled.
Return to Easy Party Appertizer from Crab Dip Recipe