Venison recipes may be eaten as: steaks, roasts, sausages, jerky and minced meat
It has a flavor similar to beef, but is much leaner and the fibers of the meat are short and tender.
Also it is lower in calories, cholesterol and fat than most cuts of beef, pork, or lamb.
BBQ Venison Recipes for the Crock pot
3 lb Venison stew meat
1 cup Onion, diced
4 Garlic cloves, minced
1 cup Red wine vinegar
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Lawrey's Natural Choice
Seasoning for meat:
2 teaspoons Seasoned salt
1 lb Seasoned bacon
2 cups Ketchup
1/2 cup Molasses
1/2 cup Brown sugar
- Place venison, onion, garlic, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 1 to 2 hours until meat is cooked.
- Cook bacon and crumble or chop.
- Add bacon, catsup, molasses and brown sugar.
- Turn crock pot on low and heat for the rest of the day.
Serve over rice, pasta, potatoes or toast.
Yield: 7 servings
Recipe submitted by: Hunt Kansas Whitetail
Return to Home Page from Venison Recipes