Turkey Soup Recipes
Leftover Turkey Recipes
Turkey Noodle Soup
Looking for Turkey soup recipes? Don't let your leftover turkey go to waste. Learn how to make turkey soup it's easy. Just use what meat is left of the turkey carcass.
Enjoy these delicious leftover turkey recipes and make turkey noodle soup or make with wild rice.
Goes great with some warm fresh homemaded biscuits.
3 Quarts Turkey Broth
2 Cups dry white wine
Leftover turkey meat and drumstick bones the carcass of the
1 Large onion, chopped
1 (6-Ounce) box Long-Grain and Wild Rice Original, divided or instead use noodle of choice
2 (14.5-Ounce) Cans stewed tomatoes with onions, celery & green peppers
2 Cups chopped celery
2 Cups chopped carrots
3 Cloves fresh garlic
To Taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large soup kettle, combine turkey broth, white wine, turkey meat/drumsticks, onion, garlic and seasoning packet from wild rice box.
2. Bring to a boil, then cover and gently simmer, on low, for 2 to 3 hours, skimming any foam from the surface.
3. Cool slightly. Remove all bones from broth and discard bones. Return turkey meat to the soup kettle.
4. Add tomatoes, with the juices, and simmer another 10 minutes.
5. Add celery, carrots, garlic and rice.
6. Simmer another 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with biscuits.
Yield: About 9 to 10 Cups
Source: National Turkey Federation
Return to Thanksgiving Recipes from Turkey Soup Recipes